Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween and 11 Months

When you get really behind, you start grouping big events together. Hence, we are going to cram our Halloween costumes and Edyn's 11 month celebration into one blog! Let's start with baby girl- 11 months?!?! WHEN did this happen? In just a few weeks, our baby will celebrate her first birthday. I am so thankful for all of the joy and happiness she brings our family every single day.  I could never feel unwanted or unloved because this sweet girl will not let me out of her sight! I love her snuggles and cuddles, and am thankful I have two big cuddlers now. She is starting to act more and more like big sister each day, we have two strong willed sisters! 
Edyn Rose absolutely adores her big sister and puppy brother, Bo. She wakes up asking for Bo every morning and will cry her little heart out if he tries to hide under the blankets from her sweet loving- I can't imagine why. Besides "Bo", she can say "thank you" and the usual "mama" and "dada".  She is SO sweet. She has the sweetest little cackling laugh! In the nursery at church, she lives in an umbrella stroller being pushed around until she falls asleep- I guess we can blame all of mommy's runs on that! She thinks Mickey and Elmo are great, but nothing can compete with her adoration of her big sis. She loves baby dolls and brushing her teeth. Her happiest time of day is in the bath tub! She wants to grow big like sis way too soon, but mommy wants time to slow down a bit!











Halloween was this past weekend, I really can't stand avid Halloween decorators.  We have had to avoid a certain route to the doughnut shop-stop that judging, we are marathon training here- this past month because a car wash down from our house that has a giant, waving monkey out front (who Em is convinced is her BFF) had a scary mask on that made Em cry! On our running route, I had to distract my girls so they didn't notice the GUILLOTINE in the front yard- seriously, people! However, we do love candy and it is such a fun age to dress up! I couldn't bring myself to a store bought costume, because in my fantasy world I am really crafty :) Like every other time, though, Wei came to the rescue with precious little costumes that jumped right out of my mind and into her sewing room. Our girls were Curious George and The Man in the Yellow Hat (I guess that is his proper name?!) They were super cuties, although once we began trick or treating, the yellow hat girl wouldn't wear the yellow hat. They are so much fun! So glad that holiday is over, bring on Christmas (yes, our tree went up Nov 1!)

No comments:

Post a Comment