Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Hi, from a hotel!

Hello, again! Our family is crammed into an extended stay for the next 30 days as we wait to close on our home in Texas. I'm learning to survive and enjoy it all along the way, so I thought this would be a fun time to get back to blogging, as I am sure we will have some memorable experiences :) Plus the computer is easily accessible and in close proximity to, well everything (what is NOT in close proximity in a hotel room?!)

We have been here for 3 days now, and already had complaints because we are too noisy to the occupants below. Apparently the grinch is housed below us, but I kindly explained I have a 2 and 4 year old who enjoy play time :) We get a room change to the first floor on Thursday!

Lance and I- well mostly I- decided to tackle our first, complete Whole 30 while we are here. So far, Lance has eaten a salad- a SALAD, people, this is huge! I love it, I didn't think it would be too challenging since it's close to how I would normally eat, but I do have a mad sweet tooth that I'm anxious to see how crazy I get when it gets fired up from the lack of goodies! One thing I could not survive this stay with a minimal kitchen without is my Instant Pot. If you haven't heard of an Instant Pot, run to Amazon and grab one, they are on sale- like a ridiculous sale and worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY. Here  is the link to Amazon, I'm not kidding, everyone needs this in their kitchen. I used it SIX times in one day, it cooks everything (seriously EVERYTHING) really fast and that gets an A from me! I do not even have an oven and am still managing to feed everyone 3 great meals a day. Yay, Instant Pot! 

My girls think living in a hotel is the coolest thing they have ever done. We get to ride an "elebator" (elevator) every single day and they are mesmerized by the on-site laundry, it is like a field trip to wash clothes :) We are surviving  (and counting down the days!) and can't wait to be in our new home! Texas is great, and the weather is fabulous! We are praying God sends friends our way to fill the friend void we have, being so far away from all of our special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment