Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blog Hop Wednesday

I have started an online bible study through Proverbs 31 ministries and Lysa TerKeurst's book Am I Messing Up My Kids. Something, I think, crosses my mind daily :) Each Wednesday is an opportunity for a little blog post :) This weeks topic is "Being a Mom is Tough". Yes, duh.
Here I am in my mothering journey- I have two baby girls, one is 2 1/2 and the other will be 8 months old next week (and I STILL have not written her 7 month blog- it's coming up next, I swear!). Being a mom is the hardest thing I've ever done. Up until my mom journey, my hardest experience was running the Boston marathon with a quarter size blister on my toe and practically no training- ha, I know. No comparison. Right now, we are trying to convince our 2 1/2 year old she needs to potty train while she hasn't a care in the world about it :) she has the sweetest, yet extremely strong willed, spirit. She marches to her own beat and we know, she will change the world one day! Our 8 month old is so sweet and so rotten. She loves to eat (eh, nurse) all day long. Some mornings, on our runs, we have to stop on the trail for a snack. She's my fifth appendage, and that's ok! Our days are crazy, we have no routine and try to roll with what each day brings. Some days that even means no naps- and those days are rough!  Our goal is to love and show Christ's love to our babies. Hopefully not being potty trained at 2 1/2 and not ever having a bottle at 8 months is not messing them up :)

I'm excited for this little study. Every word Lysa speaks or writes is always so perfect and reassuring. Some days I wish I could high five her! If you are interested in the study, you can purchase the Kindle edition of the book from Amazon and start reading today, then hop over to proverbs31ministries.org to sign up. Such encouraging women!!

1 comment:

  1. Lacey, great post! My son wasn't finally potty- trained until close to 4, and he is an amazing almost 13-year-old! My Hubby's mom told me he wouldn't go to college in diapers, and she was right! :)

    Praying God's richest blessings on your family - much love!

    Jennifer N - Proverbs 31 OBS Volunteer

    ReplyDelete