Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My 27th Year

Today is my 27th birthday, and let me start by saying that I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! Love them. Everything about them. I hope one day when I am gone, my family starts some sort of special event birthday planning business in my honor :) I love celebrating my friends and family, this is the ONE day out of the year to just celebrate who you are and where you are. It's my favorite! 
So, I am 27- 3 years from 30. Yikes! However, with each year closer to 30 that I get, the less scary it seems. I am loving this year already, my goal is to diminish the grey hairs that are appearing and do away with a few wrinkles from so many sleepless nights- because we don't make babies around here who like to sleep, at least at night! 
Today has not been some glorious occasion, it's actually been quite the opposite, but that is my reality now and I choose to embrace and love it. I handed out more spankings than I planned on, but a certain big sister was all about bullying her baby sister today. I cleaned up accidents in the carpet- who, in their right mind, chooses to potty train during their birthday week?! here, here.  No one took a nap until 4 pm, then everyone crashed. The dog was even super anxious and a little crazier than normal all day. At one point, I was drowning the madness in cake icing. We had plans to go to dinner, then everyone took that 4 pm nap, and here we are at 6:30 with one still napping. I am going call grace on that one, I had a feeling two kids at a restaurant with only two adults could have gotten ugly :) 
Even with all the madness and potty praises of the day, today has been beautiful. I am reminded that in  my 27 years I have been SO blessed and loved.  My husband saved the day and picked up a great dinner, so I still didn't have to cook, and the late naps gave me a chance to catch up on some projects.  It's a crazy, beautiful life over here and I wouldn't have it any other day.  Here's to 28 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment