Monday, March 2, 2015

Look a Little Closer

I'm starting a new journey with food today, for 2 weeks (and possibly forever) I am removing gluten and dairy from my diet. When I was pregnant with Emersyn, I started getting little dry patches on my hands which eventually spread, and now we have determined it's eczema. Eczema is an outward sign of an inward problem- related to food. So, now I'm tired of the ugly, red hands and excited to find the root cause so I can avoid it in the future. Plus, this has caused me to look at every ingredient on every food label and really question some of the things even we were eating. It's scary when you stop and pay attention, and we weren't buying what most would consider "junk" in the first place. It's amazing how many foods contain milk products.
Here's a challenge for ya, just take a look at the ingredients of some of the products you eat everyday and Google whatever you don't recognize or can't pronounce. Find out what you are eating, be aware and pro=active in your health. There are plenty of food companies who aren't trying to poison your family to save a dollar; while you may pay a dollar more, just think about the health benefits for a minute, and go buy for your health!
Here's a funny for you, in case you missed it on my Facebook page last week. I have eaten a lot of my words when it comes to things I swore I would never do when I had children. A lot of it has to do with diet, but one thing I have kept to my guns about is hot dogs- they turn my stomach and my girls have never had one, ever. (Nobody's judging if you and yours eat them daily, just one of my "things") So, we are walking through the grocery store when my oldest (3 years old) starts proclaiming her love for hot dogs, and how she loves them so so so much. I was a little horrified but so tickled at the same time. This is the same child who tells everyone her name is "Ruth Haney Rose" (her name is Emersyn Ruth Haney and her sister's middle name is Rose). She's hilarious. We compromised and came home with all-natural turkey sausage "dogs". She was thrilled and hugging and  kissing the package all through the store. I just prayed over them before I served them, I couldn't handle to peek at the ingredients :)

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment