Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Be Free

Let's address sickness today, it's on my mind because it's in my home. Let's talk a little about what germs and sickies mean now versus our pre-oil life. One word comes to mind- FREEDOM. Let me explain...
Before we started using essential oils, my oldest daughter was getting sick a lot, like 3 days well between 10 day antibiotic treatments. When she would start the same symptoms in the middle of the night that she had just gotten over, I would just lay in bed with her and cry. I felt helpless, to my knowledge there was absolutely nothing I could do, I would send an email to the doctor at 2 am because that was all the power I had. Then, I would call as soon as their answering services opened the next morning, and beg and plead for something to make my baby well. If we went in to the doctor, I just wanted something to make her feel better. I was so ignorant as to what all of these antibiotics were doing to her little body, but for the next 7-8 days I would at least know she felt good.  One day, I would want to go to medical school so I could write my own prescriptions and not want to be at the mercy of a doctor, appointment openings, and weekend clincs. The next day, I would want to go to pharmacy school so I could just get our own drugs (nothing illegal, you know what I'm saying :) ) I just wanted to feel like there was something in the world I could do for a miserable baby. 
Then we found essential oils. Now, I'm not saying we never go to the doctor anymore or ever take antibiotics because sometimes we just have to, and I'm fine with that. My girls still get sick and get nasty germs that are floating around, but at least I have some power in healing their little bodies. The greatest term I read to ever classify an essential oil was "ANTI-VIRAL". If you have ever seen a doctor with a miserable, sick baby and told "I'm sorry, it's viral. You'll just have to let it run it's course" did you not want to throw that doctor clear across the room?! And it's totally NOT their fault, God love them. We can treat and reduce symptoms, we can shorten the duration of sickness, and we can avoid so many OTC and antibiotic drugs in our bodies. 
Also, I should say I love doctors, I think they are wonderful and smart and completely necessary, but when my baby has a runny nose and can't sleep from the congestion, they can't fix it, but my oils can! I am so thankful we are nowhere near as sick as we used to be and that I feel like I can do something besides hold and comfort my little ones when they are under the weather. I can aggressively treat their symptoms and help their little bodies overcome the sickness without putting toxins in that can be found decades later. Sometimes we just need to go back to the basics. Just like our diets- how much better would be feel if we ate food straight from the Earth without a ton of processing and chemical additives- it's the same with essential oils. They have been here forever, put on Earth by our Creator Himself for their amazing healing powers. Science is great, but most of the time we are only creating something we already have... 
Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment