Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Imitation

No, it's not Monday, I can explain. Last week, I showed my husband some paint swatches and said, "I like these for the main level." That turned into a trip to Home Depot this weekend and I was in a little over my head renovating our living room. It's finished now and I love it, but there were times I thought I may never live to see the finished product. We went from a muddy brown shade and brass finishes to bronze accents and pastel jade walls, I'm a color girl- I love color on walls. 
Anyways, I've had one reminder heavy on my mothering heart the past few days. My 3 year old has been in quite the imitating mood lately, not in a direct, I repeat everything you say kind of imitation but more of showing me in simple moments how she is watching everything I do and wanting to repeat it. Instead of feeling flattered, which of course I do since she wants to be just like mom, I feel very humbled and loudly reminded of the example I am setting for her. She's done everything recently from pretending to drive my car while wearing my sunglasses to nursing her sad babies and cooking me snacks then telling me it's too late and may give me a tummy ache, she makes my heart smile. She has been repeating phrases and loving on her sister just like I do. She's such a sweet reminder that every word I utter, she hears and every motion I make, she sees. She keeps me honest, overwhelmed, and humble and I am so thankful for her little spirit.  She's actually in my lap as I type this blog "reading" every word, and counting. Oh, motherhood, thank you for your humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment