Saturday, February 21, 2015

Excuses

So, let's pretend it's Friday and I'm right on time, because I'm so not. Here's what has been on my fitness heart this week- excuses. I hate them, and can be very un-sympathetic (is that a word?), but I want to be nice so let me encourage you to turn off that little voice that is always thinking of an excuse on why your health shouldn't be a TOP priority.
Excuses are such stumbling blocks, they come from OUR minds, though and we have the ability to shut them up every single day they start rearing their ugly heads. Sometimes we make the excuse we don't have time- let me tell you, everyone has at least 10-20 minutes to MOVE and if you start moving, I can almost guarantee you will find a few more minutes :) We use excuses for our age, our phase of life, and our lifestyle. "I'm too old", "I've had a baby", "I'll never look like (insert super model who's pictures have been ridiculously photoshopped) so why even try?" Stop it. Just don't even listen to that little demon telling you that you can't-for whatever reason, and hear my little cry on my little blog telling you that you CAN. Don't be afraid to try a class at the gym that looks way too advanced, you will be amazed at what your little body can do. Don't be afraid to hit the pavement when you are trying to start running, what's the worst that could happen? It's harder than you thought and you're a little more out of shape, so you walk. You're still moving, thumbs up from me. 
No one becomes a fitness machine overnight, everyone in the industry has worked their tails off for their rocking bods. I'm not even concerned with that, though. Just be healthy. Make one positive decision for your health, and your family's health, today. Make two decisions tomorrow. Slowly take the excuses, and show them where the door is. I can do it. you can do it, we can all do it. Little by little, day by day. Get those tennis shoes on, and exercise because you are never too old or too out of shape. Put down the candy bar and grab a Cliff bar because eating healthy isn't disgusting or it won't be too hard to change your habits.
Embrace health, just embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment