Monday, February 23, 2015

Being Mom

My mom just left after an extended 3 week visit, it was longer than she had originally planned due to snow and ice but her visits always come to an end way too soon for us. She always seems to arrive when my nerves are a little frazzled and my patience is wearing thin. She has a way of always reminding me, in subtle ways, that my babies aren't going to be babies forever. They are growing up a little more everyday and learning new things, I can treasure the good seconds and the bad hours or I can walk around in cranky, sleep-deprived fog the majority of the day and let these times fly on by without capturing the beauty and innocence of these toddler years. Of course, the amount of time she gives me to re-charge is a great help, too :) Thanks, mom.
My goal everyday is to treasure my babies, whether it's treasuring the fits in the middle of the grocery store because they want the most processed and genetically modified cereal on the aisle because Anna and Elsa are on the front or if it's treasuring the moments when they ask for me to sing "Jesus Loves Me" while they fall asleep. It's every moment of everyday, and although the days are long, we all know the years are short. 

No comments:

Post a Comment