Monday, August 11, 2014

Babies Don't Keep

Amidst all of our daily physical and mental running around, this has been on my heart and mind steadily for the past couple of weeks.  Babies definitely don't keep, they grown like little weeds! I have been in a joyful heartbroken state over how fast my little ones are growing up lately.  I am joyful and thankful that they are healthy and growing like they should (maybe even a little too much!), but so sad that this sweet, precious time is just fleeting! 
Our big girl is completely potty trained- we had about 2 days of training and that was it, she's a little rock star. Granted, she will be 3 in a few months, but I think she just had to be ready. When that time came, it was easy peasy. She has grown up so much since potty training, in so many other areas.  It seems as that was our breakthrough into big girl-dom.  Our baby girl, who isn't too much of a baby anymore, is crawling, pulling up, taking steps, you name it- she's into it! And, boy, has her personality blossomed- she is a go-getter! 
It's as though one day they were babies, the next they were little ladies.  Such sweet blessings in so many ways.  I know just as quickly as these growing up days have passed, the ones in the future will fly by even faster.  I'll take the madness, the fits, and the tears because I am learning tomorrow will bring more challenges with babies who are even further from their baby days :) With each day that passes, I am more and more in awe that God chose me to love and nurture these sweet girls! I sure did nothing to deserve being a mom at all, especially not to these two!



By the way- if you've been waiting for more of the "Blog Hop Wednesday" posts, let's just be real one moment. I totally skipped week #2, I couldn't get past the post to think of any more to write, then I quit getting the topics- maybe they kicked me out?! Who knows, but I am horrible with keeping up with moms who are disciplined enough to think it, blog it, and write something decent enough to present it to the world in a decent time frame.  I am convinced everyone else doing this study has grown kids....FAILURE! But, I am loving the devotion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment