Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Our Daily Dose of Grace

Today has been hard. Really hard. No naps, a baby who is cutting a lot of teeth at once, and the sibling wars have begun.  In the midst of all the madness, I had both of the girls in the bathtub letting them play to their heart's content and my heart was just filled with sweet memories of today. Nothing less than grace, our day has been full of it.  Actually, every day is, but some days, the hardest ones, seem to have the greatest abundance. It does usually take a still moment, and some of these days, I don't realize our treasures until I am lying in bed rewinding all of my failed mom moments. But today, today was different and just what I needed. 

I failed all day. Miserably failed. My big girl has been needing more mommy time, and my baby has just really been sad. The girls have been fighting over Every. Little. Thing.  It's a growing and trying time for all of us. Even during the tears and tantrums, I am reminded of what little blessings my girls are. 

Today, our little dose of grace came at our attempted nap time (we completely failed at nap). We were all piled up in my bed when Emersyn rolled over and folded her hands and said "Thank you Jesus for EE, mama, daddy, Wei, Peeps, and Lllll (that's Uncle Luke for those who don't understand "Emersyn") I love you, Jesus. Amen." 

Somewhere along the way, we must have done something right.


No comments:

Post a Comment