Monday, January 5, 2015

2*0*1*5


Happy 2015! My family ate eggplant and brownies made with black beans and avocados tonight, so I think my resolutions have been met. Ha :)
We ended 2014 on a high note. We ran a great marathon- I finished in 3:54, almost identical to my Boston time. By no means, did I PR but I finished under 4 hours and felt great afterwards. This was the first marathon I have run that I didn't swear I would never do another at the finish line! I am excited for #5... when it warms up, of course, you will not find me out running in single digits, I don't have that kind of dedication!
Christmas was a blast, after everyone recovered from a round of flu. My children were loved on, Lance and I were loved on, and it  was a wonderful, relaxing time at home. I can't believe how much the girls grew up in the 3 short weeks we spent in Alabama, we returned to Missouri with two little women ( well, two little women who can pitch mean fits!)
So, that brings us to the new year (just a few days late!) I don't love new years resolutions, but I always try to think of something to accomplish in the upcoming year. If you've been following this blog, you know the heart struggle I have had with toxins in our home, so we are continuing that progress this year. I buy "big groceries" every 2 weeks and my goal is to replace or cut out a new processed/toxic item each time, and learn more about food companies and products every day. We are still learning about essential oils all of the time, I feel like there is never too much to know and I am left amazed all of the time! We are making more and replacing every day items bit by bit. 
I pray that I can be a more patient mom, loving wife and let my light shine to every person I come in contact with. I am excited for what a new year holds. Happy 2015, friends, and shoot for the stars this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment