Friday, April 25, 2014

Exciting New Adventures!



You know that feeling you get when you feel like you've struck a gold mine and stumbled upon something incredible that has changed your families lives?! We are there. I will try to contain my excitement :)
So, let's back up and get some background information. I have never wanted to have any type of business or work outside of mommy duties in any way- I've turned down team after team because it was never anything I truly believed in or could be excited about- I could see my future failures  before I even began. I am perfectly content just being mom, and SO thankful for my hard working smarty husband who provides so I can do this. Well, this is something I want to share with every single person I see- that's how much our lives have changed since we have been involved with this company. Anxious yet? And here's this- it's nothing that hasn't been around since creation! Ok, here's our new obsession: Young Living essential oils. I include the brand because not all essential oils are the same, and this brand is the bomb (this kind of excitement makes me revert to middle school lingo!) When researching brands and how the company retrieves their product, and over and over I saw "never ingest an essential oil that is not Young Living" a little light bulb went off in my little researching brain. There must be something to say about the quality and purity of these oils? Oh yes- AMAZING.
I'll keep this as sweet and simple as I can, there is so much information. My contact info is listed above, feel free to call, email, text, Facebook message, whatever- just let me talk your ears off about these babies! What got me interested and even looking into essential oils? Well, when you are a mom and you have a sick baby who is on way too many prescription drugs for even a sick child, you just have enough of the guessing game at some point and realize you have a perfectly capable brain to try and resolve your baby's issues. That's where I was. My two year was a perfectly healthy baby- she was born 3 days after her due date, beautiful, natural, drug free delivery- scored a 9.9 on APGAR and thrived! When she was 13 months old she got RSV and her little lungs were never the same. She was eventually diagnosed with asthma and on SO. MANY. MEDICATIONS. Every single day. Then, she kept getting colds. Well, she is allergic to penicillin so we are limited to one good antibiotic to treat these colds. She had this antibiotic so much that it wasn't even effective anymore. Hello, wake up, mom! I was so frustrated and felt like it was just a guessing game, we tried Prevacid because one thought was silent reflux. I mean, I'm definitely not a doctor ( my husband will be quick to tell you he is, he's a PhD in engineering- far cry from the medical field :) ), I'm not even a nurse, but I am a mom who would go to the ends of the earth to help her babies. Thankfully, I didn't have to go far. I was introduced to essential oils many years ago and was intrigued, but never took the time to really learn about them. Well, recently back home in Alabama, I've had some friends who started using Young Living products and started spreading the word. It just so happened to be at the same time I was becoming desperate to do something besides prescription drugs for my baby girl. I researched, I read, and I asked a lot of questions. The only problem was my husband thought I had gone loony. We finally agreed that I could order one blend I thought was very beneficial to the issues we were having with Emersyn, if it worked we could dive in with the FABULOUS starter kit. I had seriously bugged my poor husband to death for probably a month at this point. Well, it worked. Emersyn had a horrible up all night coughing fit AFTER finishing up ten days of antibiotics, we grabbed the oil, rubbed some on her and let her inhale it and we slept the rest of the night. The next morning I got the green light to dive into these bad boys. And I did, and haven't looked back or regretted one second. One month later, Emersyn has not touched her nebulizer nor has she had any antibiotic or prescription in her body and she is doing better than I can seriously remember! And get this, our kit was being delivered on a Friday. Early that morning, between midnight and 1 am I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a truck- mastitis round one hundred, I think! Seriously- between both girls it was #6 or 7! I did not want another round of Keflex, little Edyn has awful tummy aches from it. So, my kit arrived around 10 am and I began an oil regimen. In TWO days I was a new woman, completely free of this awful infection. The last round of keflex I was on, I didn't do anything for seven whole days! I'm definitely not an expert and haven't experienced using oils outside of our little issues, but I'm learning the chemistry behind them and how they work- no, it's not magic or some voo doo oil. It's pretty amazing when you grasp the goodness of these gems that God put on this Earth to heal us :) I am absolutely loving learning everything I can about essential oils, their properties and how they can help us all!
Think I'm crazy yet :) don't worry, my husband did, too. Now he's asking for oils daily! Too many products are advertised as "all natural", we all want to be healthier and cleaner. Nothing is more natural than an oil that is extracted straight from a plant! You don't have to have debilitating health issues to get involved with oils, either.  Sore muscles? Want longer eyelashes and pretty hair? Have some seasonal allergies? Want a REAL natural detox? Trying to train for a race and need some help with recovery? Kids not sleeping well? Snoring spouse? I could go ON and ON....
Get ready, I'll be coming at you with a lot of oil love and info :) local friends, get excited- we will be planning some classes, and non local friends- email, call me, let's FaceTime, let's introduce you to this goodness. This is seriously just touching the surface- they've changed my family's life in so many ways. One little investment has given our family so much freedom! If you have been thinking about it, but just keep putting it off- don't put it off any longer :)Life. Changing. Yay oils!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment