Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Resurrection Day

I am a total holiday nerd- no lie. If I had the extra time (hahaha) I would have a decorative wreath on my front door and full mantle attire for every calendar holiday and birthdays. Let's be honest, though, my Auburn door hanger has been up since last July (with the exception of the Christmas wreath) and I don't see it leaving soon. BUT I still love holidays even if my front door doesn't show it. Emersyn and I have created a special tradition of finding cookie cutters for each holiday and making a batch of sugar cookies. Now granted, most of our special time is spent by me saying " Emersyn STOP eating cookie dough by the handfuls!" The girl loves cookies-and the dough- I don't blame her. So, of course we made bunnies for Easter. I felt terribly convicted and we searched for a cross but couldn't find one on our grocery run so we recited that Easter is about Jesus while we cut out bunnies. She's far from grasping any knowledge of what Easter truly means, but we are trying to plant the knowledge in her sweet little heart. For her, Easter means you get a lot of "eggs", Reese eggs to be exact and she's addicted. She asks for them with the sweetest southern drawl "aygs, pease?" It's pretty cute. She also prefers mulch and dirt in her Easter basket over eggs, don't let the hairbows and dresses fool you.

We had a wonderful weekend remembering the sacrifices that were made so we can be forgiven and have a chance at eternity with our savior. So thankful the grave could not hold him! ... And eating our bunny cookies :) Happy Resurrection Day, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment