Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Country Visit

I am writing to you from a lime green sewing/craft room in the middle of a lot of land on top of a little hill in the sweetest little town of Corner, AL. The girls and I are in- what we refer to as- the country :) Lance drove us down this past weekend for a little visit with my family, and it has been fabulous.  My girls, and even the crazy dog, are in heaven here.  Emersyn would live and sleep outside with the dogs and the horse if we allowed.  It's just our little piece of heaven.
What does a day in the country look like? Well, a lot of outside time, and a lot of love.  Emersyn and her Wei can feed the birds, dog, and horse for hours. She loves to explore and find little "treasures", check on baby birds, water plants, play with the dogs, listen for new creature sounds, kill spiders, boss around the bugs, and a new favorite this year is the swimming pool :) Edyn gets held and loved on by everyone- as much as big sister allow,  I fulfill my love for cooking and feeding a big family, and we have special guests and visitors daily who come to love on us. It's just lovely and we feel so warm inside :) 

In the country, there is a lot of grass and trees- much more than we see out of our windows in the suburbs of St. Peters, MO.  There are frogs, a lot of stray dogs that have been given a forever home, and birds that feast on the many bird feeders Wei supplies.  It's just a big, loving family out here and I can't get enough of it.
This is the one place I swore that I would never, ever come back to after I graduated and had the first chance to get out of this small town. Now, it's my first choice when we are choosing a getaway.  I am so thankful for this little town. I am thankful for all of the family and friends and family- friends who are here and have helped raise me.  I am so thankful my little family can make special trips back here and our girls can have a little taste of this special place.  Thank you, Corner, AL, for being so special and wonderful.  I feel like I am getting a great big hug every time our car turns on to County Line Road :) 
Here's a little taste of country life...





No comments:

Post a Comment